ISLAMIC FINANCE TRAINING for LAWYERS
The School of Law (SOL) will be hosting a two-day workshop on Islamic Finance for Lawyers with CPLE Credits in October 2014, in association with Franco American Association of Islamic Finance (FAAIF) and Al Huda CIBE at its Campus in Lahore.
FAAIF Limited is a legal and management consultancy firm servicing clients in Islamic banking, finance, and takaful. FAAIF aims to assist institutional clients develop Islamic windows including ensuring Shari’ah compliance, segregation of funds, and accounting standards and constructs comprehensive and fully functional Islamic finance departments in law firms. The FAAIF team also provides training and consultation regarding all aspects of ethical and Islamic finance to the wider professional arena.
Islamic Finance is fast becoming a popular banking practice in countries throughout the world and we at SOL believe that a proper understanding of this regime is vital for lawyers, practitioners and banking officials in Pakistan given the surge in Islamic Banking in the recent years.
Accordingly, this workshop will focus on the following topics:
- Introduction to Islamic Banking and Finance
- Islamic Banking and Finance in Pakistan
- Explanation of Each Mode of Islamic Finance Transaction, Sukuk, and Takaful
- Sukuk Case Studies
- Documentation Required for Each Mode of Islamic Finance Transaction, Sukuk, and Takaful,
- Dispute Resolution in Islamic Finance, Shari’ah and Dispute Resolution for Islamic Finance,
- Legal Aspects of Takaful, and
- Islamic Funds
The Workshop will be held on the 24th and 25th of October 2014.
Prominent national and international speakers from the fraternity will conduct the workshop including but not limited to;
- Ms. Camille Paldi – Islamic Finance Specialist and CEO of Franco American Alliance for Islamic Finance (FAAIF) Ltd. Ms. Paldi has a Masters Degree in Islamic Finance from Durham University in the UK,
- Muhammad Zubair Mughal- Editor in Chief at True Banking Magazine and Chief Executive Officer at Al-Huda Centre of Islamic Banking and Economics,
- Brian Kettell- Renowned Author and an Advisor at Islamic Development Bank Group, Bian Kettell has many years’ experience in banking and banking training in the international financial markets and,
- Justice Khalil-ur-Rehman.
Please note that the entry for this workshop is by registration only. The registration fee per person is [TBA]
To register for this workshop, please e-mail your name, designation, contact details and CNIC No # to us at email@example.com.
The deadline for registration is 15th October 2014.