REDEFINING LEGAL EDUCATION in PAKISTAN
Redefining Legal Education – Conference
The School of Law hosted a conference with a focus on redefining legal education in its new dynamics under the new set of rules in Pakistan on Saturday, March the 5th 2016 at Avari Hotel (Indus Hall) which was co-sponsored by CourtingTheLaw.com. The conference was attended by the prominent members of Pakistan, Punjab and KPK Bar Councils and members of legal fraternity. Delegates from various law colleges, universities and the law firms also attended the conference.
Former Chief Justice of Pakistan Justce (r) Tasadduq Hussain Jilani was the chief guest.
The speakers expressed their views on the followings:
- Pakistan Bar Council Legal Education Rules 2015 – practicality and scope.
- LLB syllabus and its learning outcomes. Importance of the learning outcomes for the standards in education.
- Role of the Legal Education Providers as stakeholders.
- Role of the Bar Council(s) towards the standards of legal education. The scope and limitations.
- Continuing Professional Development in Law and role of the Bar.
This conference was an endeavour towards finding the real issues affecting the legal education and legal profession in Pakistan which shall help the authorities righting the wrongs. A detailed event report to follow shortly!